Protection for Trade-Marks, Copyrights and Patents
From registration protection to high-profile trade-mark enforcement, the lawyers at Lesperance Mendes represent businesses of all sizes, public authorities and societies in complex intellectual property cases. We not only help them through the registration process, we represent them in any needed intellectual property courtroom litigation.
In his first intellectual property case, founder and partner Robert Lesperance pursued litigation to enforce the trade-marks of the Expo 86 Corporation during the World Fair. He has appeared before the following:
- Supreme Count of British Columbia
- Court of Appeal of British Columbia
- Federal Court of Canada
- United Nation’s World Intellectual Property Organization
Specific areas of our intellectual property practice include:
- Trade-mark registration — The process of registering for a trade-mark and protecting it from infringement is complex. We help clients with trade-mark and copyright licensing agreements and contracts covering confidentiality and nondisclosure.
- Copyright and industrial design registration — We help our clients to register and protect their interests in such items as new inventions, designs of products and packaging, and content of manuals and other written materials.
- IP litigation — Disputes involving infringements on patents, trade-marks and copyrights can result in a relevant registration being expunged from the registry.
For more information or to schedule an appointment with a lawyer, please contact us.